First, Mike got a promotion at work a couple of weeks ago! He is now the Director of Short-term Medical Sales at his company and will be responsible for sales across the entire US. For those of you who aren't familiar with what he does, he is responsible for "wholesaling" insurance to insurance agents, who then turn around and sell it to the public (this is a very basic explanation). The short-term product is ideal for those who are out of a job, recent college graduates going off their parents insurance, people seeking a Cobra alternative, etc. He will be managing a few associates as well. We are really excited about the opportunity and I know he will do a great job!
Secondly, my parents bought a lake house in Kentucky on Rough River! Growing up they owned a lake house and we always would go down for the weekend with friends and tube, ski, cliff jump, etc. As my sisters and I got older it became more challenging to arrange schedules to get everyone down there, and as a result, mom and dad sold the house. Some of you may recall last summer my parents decided to loan their boat to Mike and I (Mike was the one pushing this idea). It worked out nicely because we were able to store the boat in Indy and take it out every once in a while on Geist. Now that they have a new lake house, the boat has a new home!! She will be kept in a garage all winter (believe me, she needs covered storage after spending two years outside). Mike and I plan to drop her off the second weekend in October. Although Mike is sad to see her go, we know we will continue to make memories when we make trips to the lake house (I'm pretty certain Mike already has "dude's weekends" planned)! I have a few pictures of the house:





No comments:
Post a Comment