This weekend all of my closest friends (Theta girls) got together for our friend Mindy's bachelorette party. We hadn't all been together in over a year so it was a blast seeing everyone. Liz, the maid of honor, planned a fun day for all of us which started with...HOLD YOUR BREATH...pole dancing lessons!!! She wanted to do something bachelorette-ish and came across a place in Greenwood who gave pole dancing lessons for bachelorette parties, for fun and of course for the women who actually work the pole! There were five of us who went, and I must say after my initial apprehension (my thoughts included: what kind of sanitizer is used to clean the poles, what caliber of people go to this place, etc. etc.) we had an absolute blast! I laughed harder than I have laughed in a long time. As you can imagine the woman teaching the class was a jewel and watching her teach the lessons was hilarious. We were there for a one hour class which included a warm-up, basic pole walks, spins and jumps! We were even allowed to bring mimosas in for when we needed a drink (I kid you not, the instructor pulled out an individual size Jose Cuervo margarita-and this was at 10:30 am). Believe it or not, pole dancing is pretty challenging. We were all sweating like crazy and are definitely sore. I think a couple of us actually even have "pole burn!" All-in-all it was a fun experience. Honestly, what is better than spending time with your best girlfriends who you never see and getting in lot of laughs?!
Group shot: L to R: Mindy (the bachelorette), Katie (my college roommate), me, Amber and Liz.
I couldn't keep my shoes on for the life of me!
This move was called "Good Girl." I purposefully am not posting "Bad Girl!"
Strike a pose, ladies!
Yes, this is an action shot!
After pole dancing, everyone came back to my house which is where the bridal shower and the evening festivities kicked off. The rest of the girls who didn't pole dance met at my house where we grilled out, drank and reminisced on the good ol' Hanover days! Per the bachelorette's request we went out to the bars downtown, spending most of our time at Howl at the Moon. We had a great time, but we knew we were getting old and "not as good as we once were" when at 12:30 the girls were ready to go back to my house!
Howl at the Moon
All the girls at my house before we headed out to the bars (and Woody, of course)!


No comments:
Post a Comment