This year my company gave out vegetable plants to all associates for Earth Day. I decided I would take a pepper and tomato and give it a shot. I am proud to report I have harvested my first vegetable and fruit (yes, a tomato is a fruit)! I have loved watching them grown and next year plan to have a larger garden.
We had a little incident at the grocery a couple weeks back where Owen insisted the display of apples were balls. When I told him he couldn't have one, he absolutely lost his mind and started screaming in the store. I had one of those moments where I knew I was either going to let him have an apple or load him up and head home with no groceries...You see who won out. Everyone in the store thought it was adorable except for the cashier who had to weigh the apple with bite marks out of it ;) As she rolled her eyes, I was tempted to tell her not to judge until she has kids.
This picture was taken a couple hours after we got home from the grocery. The ball (apple) was a fixture in his hands most of the afternoon.
This little boy is in LOVE with his dogs. I absolutely can't imagine Owen growing up without a dog. It is the highlight of his day EVERYDAY when we get home in the evenings to see Woody and Charley. He lights up, giggles and hugs them like you wouldn't believe. Daaaaaaaa (this is what dog sounds like right now). We are very fortunate that Woody is so tolerant and pretty much lets him do whatever he wants. It is just a matter of time before Owen tries to ride him!
Owen got tubes put in his ears last Thursday after a years worth of ear infections. Before the surgery, Owen continues to take the Bible off of the end table in the waiting room. I'm guessing he was praying his surgery went well ;) Luckily it did. The doctor discovered a nasty double ear infection when they went in to do the surgery, so we are hopeful these tubes are going to do the trick!
Neena and Poppa Watts came into town Thursday after Owen's surgery and stayed with us through the weekend. They kept Owen home from daycare on Friday so he had some extra time to recover from his surgery. He loved spending time with them and they even got to make a trip to the zoo on Saturday while I went to a wedding in Louisville. Thanks for visiting Neena and Poppa!
On Sunday Owen and Ben had an afternoon play date which included swimming in the pool, going down the slide, riding on the toys in the garage and eating lots of snacks. I didn't take pictures of the boys playing like crazy, but I did manage a snap a pic at a red light of Owen passed out less than five minutes after we left their house! Sign of a good time :-)
I am so very happy with Owen's new teachers at daycare in the toddler room. One of them sent me this picture today while I was at work. I'm pretty sure he is thinking, "Hey ladies. Anyone want to join me in the ball pit?" It made my day to see him having fun while Mommy was working.
My good friend from work, Kristen, gave birth to a beautiful and healthy little boy last Sunday. His name is Charlie William Weaver. Love it! Just tonight I went over for a quick visit. He is perfect in every way and I can't wait to watch him grow. Congratulations, Kristen and Andy :-)











No comments:
Post a Comment