Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Baby Shower Bliss

On Wednesday night, I hosted a baby shower for my best friend in Indianapolis, Adrienne. She and I met at work and have become extremely close, as have our husbands. She is exactly eight weeks ahead of me in her pregnancy (she is having a boy as well) and we have had a lot of fun experiencing a lot of "firsts" together. Mike and Nick have also enjoyed giving us a hard time about being such planners and wanting to have all the baby stuff done and in its place months before our little guys arrive. We are literally two peas in a pod! The shower was mostly girls from our work and was an all-around success. Everyone enjoyed themselves and Adrienne got a ton of adorable gifts for the baby. I had never been to a baby shower (weird, I know) prior to the one I threw for her, so I wanted to make sure everything was just perfect! I captured quite a few pictures and thought you'd all like to see! In exactly one month from yesterday, Adrienne is planning to throw a shower for me at her house. I am already counting down the days and look forward to what she has in store :)

A non-edible diaper cake with delicious cupcakes from "The Flying Cupcake" in Indianapolis.
The favors for all who attended was a bottle of three-buck Chuck from Trader Joe's and sparkling grape juice for those who don't (or can't) drink!
Centerpiece filled with baby goodies and a memory book where everyone wrote well wishes for the mom to be and had their picture taken to put next to their message so Adrienne can look back and remember who was at her shower.
I served chicken salad croissants, a veggie tray, pasta salad, cheeseball and crackers, punch, cupcakes and chocolate covered strawberries and marshmallows.
The cheeseball was the hit of the party!
More food.
I'm pretty certain when I dipped the strawberries and marshmallows I ate about every other one :)
Two mommies to be!
Adrienne opening her gifts!

1 comment:

  1. You girls are so cute!! You did such an amazing job with everything...there is no way I would had guessed you hadn't attended a baby shower before! I'm so excited for you both!

    ReplyDelete