Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Sweet Baby Boy

It has been a few weeks since I shared updates about our little boy. There have been many exciting things going on and I will try to update you on all of them. First, for those of you who haven't already heard, we have chosen a name for our little guy: Owen Thomas Watts. We wanted to go with a first name that wasn't super common, but also not super trendy so we decided on Owen. Thomas is Mike's dad and brothers name which is how we settled on that. I am very excited to now have something to call him rather than baby :)

We went in for our 19 week appointment a few days before Christmas which included an ultrasound. Both of my parents came up and went with us which was really neat. The sonographer was able to confirm again that we are having a boy. Mike was relieved at this since he wasn't able to see the male parts the first time around! They took lots of measurements and we got to see some super cute images. The sonographer told me that the office is now giving women a complimentary 4D picture any time they have an ultrasound at an appointment. I was super excited and couldn't wait to see what Owen looked like until...she pulled the picture up. Yikes! He definitely resembled an alien moreso than a sweet little baby. I immediately gasped and asked if he looked "normal" or if there was something I should be concerned about. She laughed and assured me this is what they look like at this gestational age. I learned an important lesson after seeing the picture. Some things are better left to the imagination! The important takeaway from this appointment was all his measurements were right on track with where they should be and everything looked great. We were thrilled with that news and I continue to pray that Owen will be a healthy baby :)

Alien Boy!

Most of you know that I am a mega planner and like to have everything organized and prepared ahead of time. We ordered our furniture right before Thanksgiving because they told us it would take 12 weeks to arrive. Low and behold, all of the furniture arrived in around four weeks and was delivered to our house before Christmas! I was thrilled to have it so soon, however we hadn't painted the room yet so I didn't really want to put the furniture in there yet. There was really only one logical option in my mind-paint the room! We went ahead and chose a color and Mike used his time off this week to paint the room and assemble the crib. The color is a brighter blue than what I initially set out for, but I am really happy with the way it looks. I plan on accenting with navy blues (navy rug, navy curtains, navy lampshades, etc.) which will help tone down the brighter blue. I took a few snapshots at what we have so far.

This is a view from the doorway looking in.
I was dead set on my rocker being by the window, so we were limited as to how we could arrange the other pieces of furniture. This picture makes the dresser look WAY darker than it is.
The crib.

I am glad to have the main things out of the way, and like Mike reminded me, I have 19 more weeks to finish it-it doesn't have to be done tomorrow :)

Finally, Owen is really starting to move around and kick. I think this has to be the coolest thing about being pregnant. I absolutely LOVE feeling him move. It reassures me that there is actually a baby in my stomach! Of course every time Mike puts his hand on my stomach to feel him move, he stops moving! Already a little stinker :) Our next doctor appointment is January 19th. We'll be sure to post updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment