Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, November 21, 2011

Tough Mudder

I have to start this post by saying how proud I am of my husband. I love him for a lot of reasons, but one of them is how determined he can be when he puts his mind to something. Many months back he heard of an event called the "Tough Mudder" and decided he would like to train for it. Basically, it is a 12 mile course filled with over 20 obstacles designed by Navy Seals. In other words, this event was designed by badasses for badasses ;-) After many months of training, Mike successfully completed the Tough Mudder and only has minor bumps and bruises and maybe a stiff knee! The primary reward is a great sense of accomplishment. He completed the event with his cousin Doug, who I am also very proud of! Great job guys!


Mike running on the trail.


Mike (in red) and Doug (in black) crossing the "monkey bars." Below the monkey bars = mud and freezing cold water. 


Ice cold muddy water. 


On the bottom of this watering hole was thick mud like quick sand. It took a lot of determination to keep from getting stuck.


According to Mike the most challenging obstacle. Attempting to run up this wall. By the time they got to it, it was a muddy slick mess. 


Running through fire. 


Army crawling through mud with barbed wire directly above them. 


Running through the electroshock obstacle. Mike got zapped and has a nice burn mark on his arm! Seriously? Who willingly runs through electric shock?!?


They did it!! For completing the event they got those super cool orange sweatbands. Owen made off with a "My Dad is a Tough Mudder T-shirt." Again, I can't say how proud I am of these two for their accomplishment!! You'll never catch me dead doing one of these things ;-)








No comments:

Post a Comment