This year over the July 4th holiday we went on vacation to Emerald Isle, NC with Mike's side of the family. We had a beach house rented out and enjoyed a great visit with everyone. It was an extremely low key vacation in the sense that there really wasn't much else to do other than be a beach bum (this isn't necessarily a bad thing)! Throughout the week, each couple took turns making dinner for the rest of the family which was nice because we didn't have to deal with eating out every night. Mike and I made a "build your own kabob" bar with chicken, steak, shrimp and all the fixins' along with a potato casserole, salad and fruit pizza for dessert. It was delicious! The life of the party was our niece Taylor (also the only grandchild on the Watts side of the family-I must say, Mike and I are feeling the pressure :). As I flipped through my pictures from the week, I found that pretty much 90% of them were of her! For all the moms out there-this must be what happens when there is a little one! We enjoyed spending time with her and laughing at all the adorable things she is learning to do, although we still couldn't convince Uncle Mike to change his first dirty diaper (he swears he won't until its his own child)! All in all it was a relaxing vacation filled with lots of laughter, great food and drinks and beautiful weather. I am already brainstorming for my next vacation!
Our beach house-Sea for Miles
Taylor was none to happy when we took her away from the sand for a picture!
I think the sun was in Taylor's eyes in this one
The Watts Family is crazy about Ohio State. This is Mike's brother, his dad, Mike and his mom spelling out O-H-I-O.
ADORABLE!
Me, Mike, his sister Margi, sister-in-law Jessica, and Mike's brother Tom enjoying the beach.


No comments:
Post a Comment