Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 1, 2009

This is the third best day of my life...

On Saturday, Mike left our house at the ripe hour of 5:45 a.m to head to Columbus, OH to meet his dad for their annual father/son Ohio State game. Mike really looks forward to this event on any given year, but this year was a little bit different. I received a text message shortly before the noon kick-off from Mike that read..." This is the third best day of my life...Field passes!" What followed was a series of picture messages capturing team warm-ups and highlights from the game. I knew he was in absolute heaven because he is such a die-hard OSU fan and what better surprise than field passes! My initial response was "that's awesome," but after thinking about it for a moment I sent another text asking "Well, what were the first and second best days of your life, babe?" I didn't worry too much when I didn't get a response back because I knew he was probably pretty tuned in to the game, but I made sure to ask the question again once the game was over. Like a good husband, his response was, "the first best day was our wedding day and the second was...well I don't know what the second was." I couldn't help but laugh a little and then suggested perhaps the day he found out he was going to be a daddy would qualify as the second best ;) I am so glad Mike and his dad were able to enjoy the day together and it will be something he always remembers as the third best day of his life!!

Mike and Brutus
Mike and his dad

No comments:

Post a Comment