For those of you who have not heard yet, Mike and I are expecting a new addition to the family and couldn't be more thrilled!! We have known the great news for about 8 weeks now, but just started sharing last week. I am roughly 12 weeks along at this point and the anticipated due date is May 19th. I have been feeling pretty rough most mornings with lots of nausea, but every time I stop and think about why I feel sick, I remember what a miracle and a blessing it is to be bringing a baby into the world. We have been fortunate enough to have received three ultrasounds where we heard the heartbeat. We cannot believe how amazing it is to see the baby and hear it's heart beating. It makes everything seem so real, and after spending the past 8 weeks an absolute nervous mess, it is extremely reassuring! The doctor tells us everything looks great. The fetal heart rate at 7 weeks was 164 beats a minute and last week for our 11-week appointment it was a strong 162! Our next appointment will be November 24th followed by an appointment a few days before Christmas when we will find out the gender. I'm pretty sure whatever sex we find out, it will be the best Christmas present ever :) I was able to scan our ultrasound pics to show how quick this little baby is growing!

11 weeks-He or she is looking awfully comfortable in there!

7 weeks

6 weeks-Let's be honest, this really looks like nothing, but it was still exciting :)


We are really excited for you! It's such an amazing and wonderful time...ENJOY!!! Keep the pics coming too!
ReplyDelete