I am officially a week past due on my 9 month update for Mr. O. I'm sure it is somewhat related to the fact I am in complete denial that he is 9 months old (and one week to be exact). I know I have said it before, but where in the heck is the time going?!? I don't have any pictures to post yet, but they will be coming soon.
Owen had his 9 month well baby visit last Thursday and he had surprisingly not grown nearly as much as I thought he had.
Height: 28 3/4 inches (60th percentile)
Weight: 20 lbs., 13.5 ounces (50th percentile)
Head: 45.5 cm (60th percentile)
The doctor said everything looks great and he is developing just as he should be. Unfortunately, he has developed an absolute fear of the doctors office. Dr. M did say this is about the time they start to remember what happens there! Here are some of the other things Owen is up to these days. Actually, the more appropriate thing to say might be what ISN'T he up to and in to these days!!
*Sleeping from 7:15 p.m until 6:15 a.m. each night. A lot of times we have to wake him up at 6:15 to get ready for daycare. We are out the door by 6:45 each morning.
*Still taking two naps per day. Naps are much easier for him at home as opposed to a bright room filled with 8 babies. Who could blame him? His naps during the week are sometimes as short as 15 minutes a couple times a day. It truly is comical.
*He is officially off of baby food and eating table food for three meals a day. He loves green beans (which is funny because he hated baby food green beans), grapes, bread, pasta, you name it. There really hasn't been anything he hasn't liked other than carrots! We also just switched today to four bottles a day.
*Crawling everywhere and standing anywhere he can pull himself up. Although our living room is filled with toys, the only thing he wants are the dog toys and the remote control. When we take them away, he gets really mad and always manages to find them again.
*We have started using the word "no" with him which has been a natural progression since he became mobile. He doesn't understand it yet, but the pediatrician recommended being consistent with it when he is doing something he shouldn't and he will eventually learn.
*We purchased a big boy carseat!! We decided on the Britax Boulevard. It was a great purchase and Owen loves the extra space. In a few months he will be able to face forward!
*He had his nine month pictures taken on President's Day. It was the day after we got home from Mexico so he was super clingy and hadn't taken a nap. We got a couple of cute shots, but definitely not his best. I will post some of them later.
*Owen is really turning in to a mommas boy, which I love! He loves his Daddy so much too and there is nothing cuter than when Mike walks in the door each night and Owen sees him.
I'm sure I am missing lots of things, but this is good for now! Happy 9 months, Owen. We love you more and more every day!!
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment