Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

17 week appointment

Today we had our 17 week doctor's appointment. As always, we were both excited for the chance to meet with the doctor and ask all of the questions that seem to pile up for a first time mom-to-be! The little guy's heart rate was 142, which they said is wonderful. It is always so refreshing to hear the heartbeat! I have so far only gained three pounds. The doctor assured me this was ok and that my day will come. Everyone else tells me the same thing :) We made the decision to not have the quad screen test today to check for possible birth defects. We talked about it and decided even if they did find something, it would not change our desire to have the baby. There is also a fairly high false positive rate which also influenced our decision. My doctor said I am in a very low risk category, so we will continue to pray for a healthy baby and be thrilled with whatever is given to us. Our next appointment is on December 22nd. We will be having an ultrasound during this visit to take measurements and check to make sure everything is on track with the baby. They will also finalize the gender. Mike seems to still doubt we're going to have a little boy-personally, I think the pictures are pretty obvious! My mom is also going to come up and go to the next appointment with us. She is super excited to be able to see the baby and hear the heartbeat and I am thrilled to have her come along.

On another baby note-I ordered my rocker and bedding!! The rocker is an oversized chair that glides and has a reclining feature-omitting the need for an ottoman. It is super comfortable to sit in, which was important as I know we will be spending a lot of time in it. I chose a neutral color fabric so it can be used down the line when we have more kiddos. The bedding came from Pottery Barn Kids. I did a lot of searching and couldn't find anything basic that I was crazy about. I didn't want any crazy designs or shapes, animals, etc. I decided on the Kasey bedding at PBK which is stripes and pulls in blue, navy, green, chocolate brown and khaki. I like the fact I will be able to pull in different colors for accessories. Now we must decide on a paint color! So many decisions to make, but so much fun :)

2 comments:

  1. sounding good! you are smart about the quad screen, it can definitely be a false positive and that would be unnecessary worry! I'm sure he is health...can't wait to see the nursery all put together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've never done any of the screening either...we thought about it this time and I backed out that morning and just got a quickie ultrasound instead:) So fun to read your blog, and get your updates! Brings back alot of memories of my first pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete