Things I enjoy:
Watching my belly start to grow...Everyone assures me there will come a day when I will be wanting it to stop growing :)
My maternity pants...I cannot live without them. Regular pants simply do not work for me anymore!
Picking out things for the nursery...We have officially ordered our crib and changing table. Thanks to my work girls for recommending Decor for Kids. It is a children's furniture store in Noblesville, IN and we had great success there. In fact, I plan to go back soon to order my rocker. You may be thinking it is early to order this stuff, but they said it takes between 8-12 weeks!!
Things I'm not enjoying:
Still feeling nausea and having an appetite for nothing but junk food...mainly pizza and Steak and Shake milkshakes.
Having my face break out like a child going through puberty.
Being worn out and out of breath 24/7...For those of you who know me well-I am an on the go type of person. When I decide I want something done, I do it. I am slowly learning to adjust to the idea of putting things off for the greater good of my body/the baby.
Having dizziness and headaches...We had a scary incident occur the day after Thanksgiving while Mike and I were X-mas shopping. I completely blacked out, lost vision, started sweating and turned yellow in the check-out line at Nordstrom's. Mike had to walk me out of the store like Helen Keller. We talked to the doctor right away and learned that it can be a symptom in the 2nd trimester for blood pressure to drop and to cause fainting...I will be a happy woman if that NEVER happens again.
When I look at the big picture, I know that even the things I am not enjoying about this pregnancy are going to in a few short months give us a baby boy! If I have to deal with these things for a few short more months, I can handle it. We have a 17 week appointment on Tuesday, so I will be sure to update everyone in a more timely manner with the outcome :)


No comments:
Post a Comment