Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 3, 2009

It's a Boy

I think at this point, pretty much everyone knows, but we were able to find out our little bundle of joy appears to be a boy! We found out a few weeks ago when I had to go in for an ultrasound for some complications (luckily, everything is ok). Mike, of course was out of town for work to no fault of his own. My appointment. was not scheduled and the only reason I went in the first place was due to something else. As I was laying there getting the ultrasound, I got to see so many amazing things. In one shot, the baby was rubbing his eyes with both of his fists, I saw his organs and the beginning of the formation of his bones, all of which I must say are a complete miracle. I really wish Mike could have been there to experience it, but we will be having another ultrasound at 19 weeks! The kicker came when the ultrasound tech asked if we would be finding out what we're having. I explained we were and could not wait until our Dec. 22nd appointment. She looked down at me and said, "Well do you want to know now?" My immediate reaction was, "You mean you can tell?" She said she could tell clear as day. For a few short (very short) seconds, I thought about how it would be so much better if Mike was with me so we could hear the news together, but as you can imagine, I just HAD to know!! I was able to share the news with Mike after his plane landed in Atlanta and we both could not be more thrilled. Growing up around all girls, I think I am in for a big surprise, but I am up for the challenge :) Mike has assured me he knows all about boys! I guess only time will tell!!

I did a horrible job of scanning these pictures, but the above shot is my favorite ultrasound pic so far. Our little guy was giving me the thumb's up! I hope that is his way of saying, "Mom, you can relax. Everything is going just fine in here!"
...And this would be our boy shot. For mothers of boys, this may be more apparent to you. I think it is pretty clear. The two things sticking up are his legs, and the arrow between his legs are pointing to his "male parts."

No comments:

Post a Comment