Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Carillon Beach - R&R

Who doesn't love a good summer vacation?! As I mentioned in my last post, Owen and I traveled to the Gulf Coast with my family mid-May for a week long stay in Florida. Most of my life, we have always vacationed in the Carolinas/Atlantic, but I must say the Gulf beaches were BEAUTIFUL! The water was so clear and the sand was so white, it almost seemed like Mexico!

The car ride down was pretty much a non-event for Owen. There was a stretch of about 45 minutes to an hour (maybe not that long, but when you are confined to a car it sure seems like a long time) where he screamed bloody murder, "I stuck. I stuck." as he pulled at his carseat. Other than that he was a dream. Thank goodness for the DVD player and a momma who prepared ;-)

Once we arrived in Florida, our days were filled with gobs of food, rest and relaxation and fun in the sun. 


The house where we stayed was named "Permanent Vacation." 


Thinking about jumping in the pool.


Practicing what he learned in swim lessons. 


Taking a snack break!


Having another snack on the beach. I swear all this kid did was snack!


Catching some early morning cartoons. 


Checking out the dinner menu at a restaurant. 


Indulging in ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment