Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day. Mike and I celebrated on Saturday evening by having a nice dinner at the Capital Grille downtown Indy. It was my first time dining at this particular restaurant and it was a wonderful experience. Our waiter was so nice and spent time asking about the bundle of joy he noticed we were expecting. So many things sounded good to me on the menu and I was really up in the air between a wedge salad and a crock of french onion soup prior to my meal. I finally decided on some greens, but a few minutes later the waiter brought me the soup and salad and insisted the soup was on the house. I was so pumped and the soup was delicious! Most of you know I really do not eat meat, but since we were at a steak house, I decided I would go for it. I ordered a sliced filet served with onions and mushrooms, Mike got steak au poivre and our sides were au gratin potatoes and asparagus. Both delicious choices :) We were completely stuffed from the meal when the waiter brought the dessert menu. We insisted we were not able to go for dessert, but once again the waiter insisted  the mom-to-be pick something out to take home and eat later. After a bunch of, "Oh, really you don't need to do that's, " I quickly picked out the cheesecake with fresh berries. As soon as Mike and I walked in the door at home we devoured it :) Guess this whole pregnancy thing pays off. Free french onion soup and dessert!! Mike also surprised me with a gift card for an hour prenatal massage. I've already got an appointment scheduled for my day off on Monday! We had such a great evening, and I even managed to stay awake until around midnight.



Today I decided to go ahead and cook a Valentine's dinner even though we technically celebrated last night-nothing wrong with celebrating twice :) I made  chicken parm, linguine with red sauce and broccoli and a salad. My favorite all-time dessert is Dairy Queen ice cream cake. After much deliberation as to whether or not it would be a wise idea to purchase an entire ice cream cake, I decided what the heck. The entire meal was wonderful and Mike is betting I eat the ice cream cake all by Wednesday. Sadly, he's probably right! We both enjoyed our Valentine's weekend together and look forward to many more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment