Ever since last weekend, I have turned in to somewhat of a cleaning/organizing freak! I think I finally got the crazy burst of energy I read about in my pregnancy book that was supposed to occur some many weeks ago. At this point, I have managed to clean out underneath all of my bathroom sinks and drawers and organize and consolidate three different storage closets to make room for all of Owen's things that we are already starting to accumulate. I'm not quite sure how we have managed to accumulate so much stuff in the three years we have been in our house, but we have. Mike has politely asked me to not have him move the file cabinet anymore since he just moved it for the third time in two months at my request. Oops! We are keeping our fingers crossed to make it in this house for at least another two years before we have to search for something with more space. We'll see how that goes :)
Oh wait...Did I forget to mention the kitchen and the laundry room?!?! Who knew you could spend so much time rearranging spatulas, spices and light bulbs? My pantry looks pretty awesome if I must say so myself. I think it was a good idea I tackled the pantry because I came across some spuds that must have been in there now for quite some time judging by the massive sprouts growing out of them. I had to take a picture because I thought it was pretty hilarious.
I'm fairly certain Mike thinks I have gone a little crazy with all of my organization the past week and I don't think I have convinced myself that I haven't. I do, however, feel very comfortable with the fact that I have been able to get rid of junk that was taking up much needed space and I am not embarassed for anyone to look inside my cabinets and drawers. Since this upcoming Tuesday marks the beginning of my third trimester (Yikes-where has the time gone), I have a feeling these crazy bursts of energy may subside. I am definitely starting to notice the impact of my growing stomach in a few different ways. Sleep is becoming more uncomfortable. I really can't roll from side to side anymore, let alone make it through the night without having to use the restroom. I know these interruptions are preparation for what it will be like caring for a newborn.
Owen is definitely becoming more active, just like my OB promised me he would around 26 weeks. Mike and I have spent many nights laying in bed laughing at the ripples moving through my stomach. Feeling movement has been my favorite part of pregnancy-hands down. I think it is the best reminder that I am going to soon be a mom and there is actually a living human inside of me. Nothing short of a miracle.
This Saturday we plan to take a tour at Clarian North-where we will deliver and the following two Saturdays we will have our childbirth classes. I am anxious for Mike and I (especially Mike) to learn more about what we can expect when the time comes for delivery. Mike casually mentioned during dinner the other night that he hopes Owen weighs around 10 pounds when he is born. I nearly choked on my food and kindly asked him to retract his statement before I smacked him. I also reminded him of how this baby is going to come out of me... hopefully not C- section and DEFINITELY not 10 pounds. This is why I am extra excited for Mike to experience the childbirth classes!
All in all, things are going great. I have done a terrible job of updating the blog recently, but there are definitely some events coming up in the next few weeks I will be able to share with you all!
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment