The time finally came on Wednesday evening for my first baby shower. My friend Adrienne, whose shower I threw last month, offered to do the same for me this month all while she is 34 weeks pregnant! There were about 13 or so girls who attended and all but two were from work. My college sorority sister Meghan and another great friend Julie were also able to make it to the celebration. Just like I knew it would be, everything was perfect. Being the great friend she is, Adrienne has paid special attention to all of the things that have sounded good to me throughout my pregnancy. The menu included Honeybaked Ham (this has strictly been a pregnancy craving), tomato artichoke soup from Cafe Patachou (an all-time favorite), vegetable pizza, spinach salad, homeade Chex mix, crackers, cheese and a red velvet cake! Yum! It was so much fun spending time with the girls outside of work and talking about all the exciting things that come along with having a new baby. I got some adorable gifts off of my Pottery Barn Kids registry and some necessities for the nursery from Babies R Us. A big thanks to everyone for their thoughtfulness, especially to Adrienne for her time, thoughtfulness and energy for hosting a wonderful party!
Red Velvet Cake
We forgot to snap a picture before everyone started digging into the food, so this is the aftermath. Everything was delicious!
Adrienne had everyone sign the Dr. Seuss book Oh The Places You'll Go and gave it to me as a gift.
One of the girls has a friend who makes unique onesies for babies. They are based in Broad Ripple in Indy and sell to local boutiques. Check them out online where they have a limited selection-www.romandrem.com
My friend Meghan made me a diaper cake with all of my receiving blankets and wash cloths. It also included an 84 pack of newborn diapers. I know we'll fly through those!
We played the dirty diaper game where you melt candy bars inside of the diaper and then everyone must guess what type of candy is in each one. I was one of the winners who scored 9 out of 9. I think I had an unfair advantage since I worked for Nestle!
Work girls :)


No comments:
Post a Comment