Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Over the river and through the woods...

...to Grammy and Big Poppy's house we go! Last Thursday I made the drive down to my parents for Owen's first trip home. I packed up my car with the two dogs and baby and headed down after the early morning feeding (everything is so calculated these days)! I am pretty certain we had visitors from the time we arrived at 10:30 until 9 or so at night which was great, but rather exhausting. Luckily, Owen didn't skip a beat with his nighttime sleep. My parents turned one of their spare rooms into a nursery for Owen (and all future grandchildren) complete with a crib and his name hanging above the crib. It worked out great and was super convenient. We're looking forward to making many trips back :) Here are some pictures of Owen and family/friends who came to meet him this weekend.


This is my grandma Nana (mom's side). Owen is her 9th great-grandchild!


This is my grandma Annie Granny (dad's side). Owen is her first great-grandchild! I sure wish my Gramps were still here to meet him. 


Big Poppy and Owen :)


Ellen and Owen...Notice everyone is sitting on the same couch. When Owen was awake he loved gazing out the huge window behind this couch!


On day one of Owen's life I attempted to cut his finger nails because they were soooo long. Instead I accidentally cut his skin and felt like a horrible mom. I pretty much hadn't attempted to cut them again since, so my mom clipped them for me. They look so much better and he doesn't have any nasty battle wounds or scratches on his adorable face!


My cousin Paige and Owen


So this makes me feel really old...This is Ellie, which is who I babysat for when she was a baby, holding Owen. She was such a big helper when she came over and even pushed Owen in his stroller during a walk. I told her before long, I'll be asking her to babysit!


Anyone who knows the Ballenger family knows we love our dogs. My parents have four, Mike and I have two and my sister Erica just got a puppy. Add it all together...You got that right, seven dogs! They were all at mom and dad's this weekend which was slightly overwhelming at times, but we made it. Thank goodness there is plenty of room for all to spread out! One of my parents dogs loved Owen. All she wanted to do was give him kisses. When we put him down for a nap in the pack and play, she laid right next to him the entire time. How sweet!



No comments:

Post a Comment