Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Fourth of July Lake Vacation

This summer, rather than going on a beach vacation, we decided to spend five days down in Kentucky at my parents lake house on Rough River Lake. We left last Friday morning and came home on Wednesday afternoon. My parents were there with us the entire time which was awesome. My sisters and their friends were there the entire weekend, and on Saturday and Sunday a bunch of my aunts, uncles and cousins came down and stayed in a house next to mom and dads. We had so much fun with everyone and did lots of fun things, some of which you would only do in Kentucky ;) Owen was a little angel baby. I know he loved all the attention he got from the family. We had delicious food non-stop complements of mom and a great time on the boat complements of "Captain Dad." All in all it was super relaxing and Mike is already asking when we get to go back! He was pretty much in heaven the entire time down there! I did a pretty poor job of taking pictures, but I do have a few to share.


I was adamant that Owen would not be riding on the boat because he is far too young. By Friday evening, Mike and dad had him on the boat. I'm sure the life jacket would have been super effective with the tags and packaging still on it. Oh well-I lost the battle, but Owen never fussed the entire ride and they at least drove really slow!


Mom bought this massive six person blow up lounger equipped with cup holders all around. We had it tied off the dock all week. Worked out lovely for our beer!


Captain Dad



Mike and Frank (Erica's boyfriend) went tubing together. Doesn't he look so cute out there tubing with another man?!?!



In the meantime, mom preferred spending time with Owen. Every night we had bath time with Grammy because she loves giving O his baths :)


The lake house from the road. The other side opens up with two large decks off the back of the house with a swing, gliders and patio furniture overlooking the lake. Beautiful!


The new boat


We'll go ahead and call this the party garage. In three days, we went through 14 cases of beer (no, this is not a typo). Saturday night was our big "party night." Once the sun went down, we set up shop in the garage-beer pong table, corn hole and flippy cup. It was my first night to drink more than a glass of wine post-partum (let's just say I pumped and dumped) and Grammy volunteered to keep an eye on Owen all night. While out in the party garage, one of the neighbors (and also mom and dads realtor) rode his four-wheeler over to the house to hang out with us. He pulled out a glass jar of moonshine, which I definitely tasted. WOW! One of those things you can only let touch your lips! Being a country boy, he also had a pistol he carries with him at all times. He let me hold it, and the way Mike freaked out, you would have thought I was holding it to someone's head!! We also took turns taking the golf cart out for late night deer-spotting. The path around the neighborhood is three miles and there are a ton of deer. We would take the huge spotlight and shine it in their eyes! So much fun!




Owen smiles for my mom more than anyone else, myself included!



One thing I discovered this week is that Owen is going to be an outdoorsman. Anytime we took him inside he would cry, but as soon as we went back outside he would stop. His favorite activity of the week was riding the golf cart. He was so alert and observant of everything around him. Not sure I could count the number of times we took him around the three mile path!


Our family :)

The lake was beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures Erin. I love the one of Owen laughing with your mom. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete