Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Help!

I know a few posts back I mentioned Owen was taking his one bottle a day like a champ. Well, I am now here to tell you-things have changed! Last week when it came time for his daily bottle feeding he started refusing it. I'm talking he tightened his lips, spit the milk out of his mouth, hit the bottle with his hands and screamed like never before. Last night he screamed so hard and turned so red he looked possessed!

We haven't changed anything. We are using the Dr. Brown's wide neck bottles with the standard nipple (temporarily put a level 2 on there and learned that is not the issue), Mike typically gives the bottle except for Thursdays when he is at school, I'm pumping and giving him the bottle right away which leads me to believe the temperature has to be right, we're burping him, etc. I am just not quite sure what to do at this point.

What I do know is in four short weeks he is going to have to take the bottle at daycare. I know he will learn quickly then, but I really wanted him to be adjusted to it prior to being dropped off in unfamiliar territory with unfamiliar people. If any moms out there have suggestions, please send them my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment