Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, September 24, 2010

1 Month, a Carseat and a Whole Lot of Plastic Bags

Owen has been in daycare now for just over a month. I am in charge of drop off in the mornings and pick up in the afternoon because I work across the street from daycare and it makes the most sense. We have a nice little morning routine that includes a certain component I could live without. Each morning en route to daycare, Owen has a blowout. By blowout people, I am talking I have taken his carseat apart on numerous occasions to wash it. As you might imagine, these blowouts require a complete wardrobe change once we arrive at daycare. Owen is known at daycare for his morning blowouts. We walk through the door each morning and everyone says, "Mr. Owen have you had your blowout this morning?"I have also had the ladies tell me, "Erin, be careful he is leaking on you," as I carry him in the room. Gross, I know!

The unbelievable thing to me is he does this like clockwork. Of the just over a month we have been going to daycare, there has only been ONE day(no exaggeration) he hasn't blown out or had a huge poop. I suppose he is just relaxed in his carseat!

One morning this week, I thought, "Ha. I know how to prevent a blowout. I will wrap a cloth diaper around his disposable diaper and seal off all possible leaks." Mike came in the nursery and saw what I was doing and immediately said, "Erin, you can't do that. It looks stupid." I politely informed him that when he started cleaning up a blowout EVERY morning at daycare, he could provide input. Let's just say I got to daycare and my fool proof plan had failed. Oh well. This is one of those things I will be writing in his baby book and sharing with him as a teenager :)


This is where all the magic happens!


The nice little plastic sack daycare sends his poopy clothes home in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment