Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, January 20, 2012

MLK Day

As a working momma, it is always a nice treat to have a random company holiday. I look forward to getting an extra day with my little man. My friend Adrienne and I decided we would take Owen and Ben to the Indianapolis Childrens Museum since we had not taken them before. We found out the morning of, that admission was free for everyone in celebration of the holiday. Great news for our wallets, but I am sure you can imagine what the crowd was like-not many things are free these days!

The museum truly is awesome. So many educational exhibits. For toddlers, there is a special section with activities for younger children. We spent our time in this particular section. Owen was an absolute maniac-running from station to station, hoarding trains, throwing sand and splashing in water. I had a mild mommy meltdown after I left about his seemingly out of control toddler behavior. Luckily since then I spoke with both of his teachers at daycare and a couple other parents of toddlers and it sounds like normal stuff. I'll still be taking a list of questions to the pediatrician next week for his 20 month check up!



Gone fishin'


These little smocks were so cute. 


He kept a very close eye on everyone and everything!


If I would have been thinking, I would have let him play with the sand first, then the water! Good thing for the change of clothes I took because he was soaked and covered in sand from head to toe. Sign of a good time!


His favorite thing by far was the train table. No surprise since he is obsessed with the one he got for Christmas. The big difference is he isn't used to having to share the choo-choos at home. 


Little mind at work. 


This is the only picture I have of the boys together. Mainly because Owen didn't stay in one place for more than a couple of minutes. After we left the toddler exhibit, we took the boys to the food court for pizza. Such a fun morning with great friends. We will definitely be back!


1 comment:

  1. Our museum is amazing! I love going! Keep taking him and his behavior will improve for sure ... I'm sure he was on excitement overload being his first time there :) Hope everything is going well!

    ReplyDelete