Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Miscellaneous touches to the house

I've been on the hunt for a while for something new to put to the left of my first floor bathroom to replace a hideous picture that was hanging in Mike's apartment pre-marriage. This weekend
mom and I spent about two hours in Hobby Lobby and found a beautiful accent table and candle pillars. Mom found a new mirror to hang in her basement and as a result gave me her old one. It worked out great! I am really happy with the outcome. I do think I need to figure out a way to pull in some color, but I'll get there eventually. A couple months ago, I managed to stain my hand towels in the bathroom green and had yet to replace them. I decided to go with a chocolate brown and zebra accent and it looks much better.

On a different note, who knew you could still get wedding presents a year and a half after your wedding?!? We did! My friend from work, Sarah Ryan and her husband Jeff are both artists. They were supposed to come to our wedding but had a situation come up and were not able to make it. They told Mike and I for our wedding, they were going to paint us a canvas. I thought it was a super unique idea, but we never really heard much more about it...Until two weeks ago. I was over at Sarah and Jeff's house and Jeff mentioned he was getting ready to get started on the canvas. He completely went off the colors in my house and created a beautiful painting for us to hang above the landing on our stairwell. I LOVE IT :) I told them even though they gave it to us a year and a half after the wedding, I honestly think it is my favorite wedding gift. It was so personal and unique and I will have it forever! Thanks Sarah and Jeff!



It isn't hung yet, but you can get an idea from this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment