Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

3 to the 9

And the countdown continues!!! 39 weeks and I am still hanging in there (or should I say Owen is still hanging in there). I don't have a picture for this week because the camera is packed in our hospital bag and I refuse to take it out, so here is an overview of the week thus far:

Monday: Braxton Hicks contractions alllllllll day. For a couple of hours they were about 7 minutes apart.     Then they stopped for about an hour before picking back up again. Unfortunately, never developed the 5-1-1 pattern.

Tuesday: Complete disaster. From the moment my feet hit the floor in the morning I was an emotional basket case for no good reason. The crazy thing is, I'm pretty sure what started it all was the fact I couldn't get the back of my earring to clamp...and it was all downhill from there. I cried all the way to my doctors appointment and throughout the entire appointment. I'm pretty sure the doctor thought I was crazy, but my mom assured me I am not the first (or the last) pregnant woman to cry at an appointment. I composed myself on the short drive to work, but by the time I made it to my desk I was crying again. AGHH! I think it had something to do with the fact that before I ever made it to my desk at least four people (including the cross-eyed security guard at the front desk-not to be hateful, but seriously) said, "Oh my goodness, you're still here" or "When is that baby going to come?"I know these people have good intentions, but SERIOUSLY enough is enough. I had a couple more cry sessions throughout the day, but by the evening I was feeling better.

Wednesday: Half day of work. Sweatpants. Law and Order Marathon. Mani and Pedi. Enough said. I did decide to take a two mile walk in the evening after dinner, which definitely caused a few sensations I have not yet felt-maybe it will do the trick and send me into labor!

There you have it! You are all updated through Wednesday and maybe, just maybe, my next post will be a birth announcement. If not, I will try to come up with some other good stuff to share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment