Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Lordy, Lordy-Guess who's 40?

...40 weeks pregnant that is! ME! I can hardly believe today is my due date and I am without baby. Like I mentioned previously, I never thought I would make it this far contrary to what others told me. It is exciting to know I had my LAST OB appointment yesterday for this pregnancy. No more cups to pee in or dreaded weigh ins. Everything looked great when my doctor did the exam. I am 100% effaced and 1 cm dilated. She said his head couldn't be any lower-so why isn't he coming out?! I asked that same question and was told I could go into labor at any given moment or we may have to go in after him on Monday when the induction is scheduled.

I think one of two things is going to happen: A. I will go into labor this weekend. I REALLY would prefer this not happen because my doctor told me she would be unable to deliver if he comes over the weekend. I would have whoever is on call in the practice. I'm sure the on call doctor would be fine, but there is something reassuring about having the doctor who has seen you through the entire pregnancy actually deliver your baby. B. We're going to have to go in after him on Monday. If this happens, it really isn't the end of the world. Our families would be able to arrive on Sunday-no middle of the night drives to Indy and everything would be organized accordingly when we leave for the hospital. The planner in me likes the idea of this. Needless to say, the other option is he arrives sometime between now and Friday and I would be thrilled if that happened. I suppose only he knows his plan :)

Many of you may be wondering what I am going to do to pass the time from here on out. I remember in childbirth class, the instructor had us make a list of things to do if our due date came and went and we still hadn't delivered. If I remember correctly I think I jotted down-get a pedicure, get a massage, have a milkshake....Change of plans. I have had a pedicure every week for the last three weeks, I've decided massages suck because they don't apply as much pressure and can't use the smell good stuff when you are pregnant and I've eaten enough ice cream to keep a dairy farm in business!! Instead I plan to do the following: drop off Mike's dry cleaning, walk a few miles, trim a few bushes in our landscaping out back, cook dinner and I am sure organize and clean things that have already been organized and cleaned.

Don't worry people-I have spent some time relaxing over the past few days. I have averaged four episodes of Law and Order per day- I love that show! One thing is for sure and all READERS BEWARE: Do not tell me to just enjoy the quiet time before he arrives. As true as it may be, I am at a point where there is nothing enjoyable about the way I feel and would rather him be here. We'll be sure to keep you all posted with any relevant updates. Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment