Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 9, 2010

And We're Done

I never thought I would find myself saying there is nothing left for me to do around my house, but that day has officially come-at least temporarily! A few weeks back I made a list of things I wanted done around the house before the baby and we have officially completed the list and some as of this weekend. Mike has done a wonderful job getting the outside looking just perfect, he's shampooed all the carpets, cleaned the garage, bathed dogs, etc. I have cleaned every drawer and closet, planted flowers with mom, dusted vacuumed, done laundry, cleaned bathrooms, sterilized bottles, etc. You name it, we've done it! I now officially feel like Owen could come and we couldn't be more prepared!

I think I am perhaps the most excited about Owen's nursery finally being complete! I mentioned in a previous post that I asked a friend of mine from work and her husband who were both art majors in college to paint canvases for the nursery. They are super creative, so I showed them the color of the bedding and told them to run with it! I have been anxiously awaiting the completion of the artwork and was so excited to be able to pick them up on Mother's Day. I mean, if my child isn't going to arrive, what better Mother's Day gift than to finish up his nursery :) I am absolutely THRILLED with the outcome and I couldn't be more thankful for all the time put into them. I know I will never see anything else like it in another nursery!


The first canvas is a painting of Lake Erie. Mike's parents have a boat on Lake Erie and have boated there for quite some time. It is something the Watts family is passionate about and brings something special from Mike's childhood into the nursery!


The second canvas (and my favorite) is none other than Churchill Downs. Seriously, how awesome is this? Of course, this represents where I am from and something special about the place I will always call home! I know Owen will love going to the Derby some day :)


The third and final canvas are Indy Cars, representing Indianapolis where Mike and I have started our lives together and of course resembling a sporting event unique to this city. If you blow the picture up, you'll notice the car in front is the Jim Beam car-gotta start em' young!


This is a shot of where we hung the pictures. They look unbelievable and I am so thankful to have them hung. One of the neat things about them is if Owen ever doesn't want them in his room, they would be cool to use in another part of our house one day! How practical!


One thing that wasn't on the list, but we desperately needed was new bedding. I have been looking for many months now, but decided rather than just buying a quick fix I would wait until the right thing came along. Low and behold while at Bed, Bath and Beyond on Saturday, I found just what I wanted! I am extremely pleased with the new look.


Since the dogs sleep with us, I wanted something lightweight that we can put through the washing machine and something that won't show every single thing that gets on it. In the past we have had ivory bedding-looks great right out of the washer, but not so much afterwards. This quilt met all of the criteria I was looking for and even has a neat texture.


A close-up of the pattern/texture

2 comments:

  1. Erin!! I love the paintings - they are perfect for a little man's room. Now, you just need the little man in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The paintings look absolutely perfect in his nursery! And I love the bedding in your room too- what a great feeling to have everything checked off of your list!

    ReplyDelete