Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 31, 2010

Thank You Mom


Where do I even begin...There have been so many amazing changes over the past week in our lives and I need to dedicate a post to my mom who helped Mike and I more than she will ever know. A few months ago I asked my mom to be in the labor and delivery room with Mike and I for the birth of Owen. She was so excited to be able to be a part of such a special moment in our lives.

When the big day finally arrived, mom showed up and spent the day encouraging me and keeping Mike cool, calm and collected. It was such an honor to have her with us. Mom also took a full week off of work and stayed at our house while we were adjusting. She always knew the right things to say and do at just the right times. Her delicious cooking wasn't so bad either! She was so great with Owen and even found out how he likes to be held when he is extremely fussy (definitely not a position I would have ever tried). Our second night home from the hospital, Mike rolled over to me in bed and whispered, "do you think your mom could stay for a month?" We both laughed and talked about how much help she was.

The time came on Sunday for mom to head back home after staying with us for a week. By Saturday afternoon I was already sad about her departure. I wasn't sad for her to leave because I didn't think I could handle taking care of Owen, but more because we don't live a little closer to where she can just stop by and visit. I spent most of the day Sunday crying, but am happy to report our first night as a family without any helpers went great! I am already counting down the days until June 17th when I will head home to stay for the weekend. Mom-thank you so much for everything! We all love you so much and hopefully one day we will live closer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment