Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Almost Not Pregnant

Ladies and Gentleman-it is my pleasure to remind you all that I am almost DONE being pregnant!!! Woooohooooo! I am well aware that no longer being pregnant will mean I have a newborn, which will bring new challenges and joys, but I couldn't be more excited. There are a few things I should let you all know about where we stand currently at 38 weeks:

First and foremost, very large! I spent some time looking through my belly pics I have taken throughout my pregnancy and cannot believe what a miracle it is to watch this child literally grow inside of me. Here is a brief visual stroll down memory lane for your viewing pleasure...



Anyone remember me blogging about my college friends bachelorette party last August?! You know, the one where we took pole dancing lessons. Turns out I would have been pregnant while I was pole dancing (and no, I did not drink at the party)! Makes me laugh about how much things have changed :)


20 weeks-Christmas 2009


23 weeks-This really just makes me laugh! I remember being SOOO EXCITED that I was showing and wanting the world to know it. I don't even remember now what it felt like to look like this-it was actually cute compared to now!


25 weeks-My first baby shower in February and so proud to show off my belly to all attending!


27 weeks-Still kinda cute


30 weeks-Wow! Big difference in just three weeks


32 weeks-And then things started getting ugly when I cropped my head out of pictures!


34 weeks-Whoa momma!


37 weeks-Who knew you could get any bigger!!!


38 weeks-Officially HUGE, UNCOMFORTABLE, READY TO POP!

Secondly, we had our 38 week appointment with the OB on Tuesday and got some very encouraging news. For the past two weeks I have been 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. This week I was still 1 cm dilated, but at least 90% effaced! Woohoo! Making progress :) Even though I am well aware I could stay this way until past my due date, it really was exciting to hear that my body is moving in the right direction. We also went ahead and scheduled an induction as a back up plan in the event he doesn't come on his own for Monday, May 24th. We would check into the hospital at 5:30 am and go from there. Our doctor told us she did not think we would need the induction, but nothing wrong with a backup. It also has helped bring back my sanity a bit because I know that there is an official end in sight-no more than 19 days!! I am also super excited that next Friday, May 14th will be my last day of work. Best case scenario, I have the baby by then. Worst case scenario, I will have a week of maternity leave with no baby yet. If this happens, I will enjoy my last week of peace and quiet at home watching Law and Order episodes, cleaning, etc.!

Finally, we have pretty much wrapped up all of the household projects we want to finish before Owen's arrival. We've cleaned out the garage, mulched, planted flowers, and the list goes on and on. We have been taking nightly walks with the dogs and enjoying every minute together. It won't be long now and we are as ready as we're ever going to be! We'll keep you all posted :)


No comments:

Post a Comment