Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving

This year, we headed to Jeffersonville for Thanksgiving with my family. As always, we wish we could spend all the holidays with both sides of the family, but since they live 4 1/2 hours apart it simply isn't feasible. I had been waiting for two years for my Nana's delicious cooking and it did not disappoint! I loved every minute of spending the holiday with my family. We arrived in Jeff on Wednesday and stayed through Sunday afternoon. Because of the nice long visit, we were able to do quite a few things. I did a horrible job of taking pictures, but the one I did take is adorable!


Another piece of Owen's artwork that brought a smile to my face!


Owen was inducted into the "fall asleep with football on TV right after a big meal" club. He looks awfully comfortable!

Here are some of the other highlights from our trip:

**I went Black Friday shopping with my mom and sister Erica. We left the house at 5 a.m and returned home around 2:30. We got a ton of great deals and had a wonderful time together. While we shopped, Mike and Dad put up and decorated the Christmas tree (how sweet) and took Owen to HH Gregg then to Wick's for some pizza and beer!

**On Saturday, I got to go to the UofL basketball game with my dad and Erica. The new KFC Yum Center is amazing, the beer was ice cold and the Cards won so it was a good day!

**Saturday evening, my mom watched Owen and took care of the bedtime routine so Mike and I could celebrate our third wedding anniversary. We went to a nice steakhouse, Jeff Ruby's, and then went to a movie (our first in a year) and saw Unstoppable. 

**On Sunday I hosted a baby shower for my friend Brittney, due January 14th (a post/pictures of the shower to follow).

After an eventful few days, we headed back to Indy to unwind before the work week. The drive took as long as I can ever remember it taking, but luckily Owen was a doll. When we got home at 5:30, Mike decided to put the Christmas lights up outside. He did such a great job and the house looks beautiful. We are officially in the holiday spirit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment