Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Good Things Happening

There are two super exciting things that have happened this week and I feel like they are due a blog post.

First and foremost, we picked up all of our trip documents for our vacation to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. In case I haven't mentioned it before, we are headed to Mexico with our besties Nick and Adrienne (kid free) insanely early on Wednesday, February 16 and returning super late on Sunday the 20th. Adrienne and I strategically planned the trip around President's Day which is a company holiday so we didn't have to work the day after we return. Unfortunately our men do have to work the next day!

I am already kind of beside myself thinking about leaving Owen. Although I know he will be in good hands with Mike's parents and my parents (they are splitting the time and coming to stay at our house), nobody takes as good of care as him as his mom and dad. I anticipate having to drink a lot of tequila to cope. Now that I am a mom, I have a lot more anxiety about things that didn't phase me as much prior to a child (flying, Mexican drug cartels, etc.). The good thing is we have unlimited calling from our resort to the United States, so I will be checking in on my baby daily.

We will be staying at one of the Palace Resorts. Mike and I had a good experience on our honeymoon at the Aventura Spa Palace, so we all decided to try the Vallarta Palace. Just in case anyone wants to see how lovely the place is, I've provided a link for your viewing pleasure Click Here. I shouldn't forget to mention the reason we are taking this trip and that is to celebrate Mike's completion of his MBA. He has worked hard over the past two years and finally finishing deserved a nice vacation!

The next big piece of exciting news.....drumroll please.....I am getting LASIK surgery! Tomorrow (Friday) at 11:30. This is something I have talked about for so many years and always come up with a reason to not have it done. I have been out of contacts for the last few weeks so the opthomologist could make sure I am a good candidate. Turns out I am and he had an opening Friday. Mike woke up on Thursday morning and said, "How does it feel being your last day as a four-eyed freak?" I couldn't help but laugh. Any anxiety I have is far less than the benefits of having the surgery. Here is to hoping I don't have some crazy out of the norm complication! I think Mike is going to try to watch the surgery, so maybe we'll snap a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment