We hope everyone had a great New Year. Mike and I enjoyed a nice evening at home. The evening started off a bit shaky when I got a call from Mike on my way home from work telling me to get home ASAP. Owen had fallen off the end of our bed and landed directly on top of his head. Owen immediately started screaming and by the time I got home he was as white as a ghost. I did a really good job of not panicking and/or getting upset with Mike (it totally could have happened on my watch). Mike called the pediatrician and I called my friend who I knew would have good advice. The pediatrician told us we needed to monitor him throughout the night by waking him up every couple of hours and checking for concussion symptoms. He really seemed to be doing fine and was laughing and smiling before we put him to bed. I am fairly certain Mike was more shaken up than Owen. In the ten or so years I have known him, I have never seen him so upset and shaken about something. He is a great dad and more than anything it was a great learning experience for both of us. Now that Owen is more mobile, we can't turn our backs even for a minute! We know this surely won't be the last (or worse) incident we experience.

We jokingly put this toy on Owen's head the other night and said this is the helmet he wear's when he is with Daddy!
Anyone else think he is looking longggg? By the way, our son is laying on a dog bed. We lay him on this right before we put him in his bath. When he was a baby he barely took up half of it. Now he is hanging off. Might be time to upgrade :)
No comments:
Post a Comment