...or should I say 6 weeks left?! I think I will go ahead and go with 6 weeks left! Today we had our 34 week appointment with our OB and we got some exciting news. Owen has officially "dropped." I have carried low throughout the entire pregnancy, but now that he has dropped I am having a lot more pressure and extremely uncomfortable back pain. Contractions are now occurring pretty much every time I stand up and at other random times throughout the day. I have felt fairly adamant for a while now that our little man is going to make his arrival into the world sooner than my May 19th due date for a number of reasons. I do realize, however, that he could arrive later as my parents point out every time I mention something about an early arrival-I have asked them nicely to stop raining on my parade! When I asked the doctor if she thought I could deliver early I got the pretty standard response of "we really don't know what causes labor to start, but it is really a good sign that he is head down, has dropped, etc. etc." Since term is considered 37 weeks, that is what I am shooting for :) In the meantime, Mike and I are enjoying our time together because we realize once he arrives there is no putting him back! Here are a few pictures of my bodacious pregnant self at 34 weeks:


One story I must share with all of you who have not already heard me tell it. For those of you who have been pregnant at some point, you know this is about the time in pregnancy when you are feeling gross and simply stated "over it." You also have probably encountered those people who have zero filter and make off the cuff, inappropriate comments about your appearance, etc. I was the recipient of one of these comments at work this week. The conversation went down just like this:
Woman: How ya feelin? (By the way-the same woman has asked me this question every day since she found out I was pregnant. I am used to it now).
Me: I am feeling good. Just getting really excited.
Woman: Well your face is really starting to fill out.
Me: Complete silence and awkward smile.
Woman: But you're lookin good everywhere else.
Me: Still speechless. Contemplated throwing my hot soup on her face!
I found this to be the most out of line, inappropriate thing anyone could ever say. Even though I know deep down that I could look a lot worse, it still is a hurtful thing to have someone tell you. The moral of this story is to THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK and always tell a pregnant woman she looks great even if you don't think she does :)
No comments:
Post a Comment