Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 18, 2010

One flew over the cuckoos nest



Boy have I gone cuckoo! I am officially in full nesting mode. I tend to be an organizer all of the time, even when I am not pregnant, but this weekend I took it to a whole new level. Friday night I left after dinner to run errands-Mike called at 9:30 a bit concerned with my whereabouts, but I was just at Target stocking up on Mother's Day cards and other random stuff. I came home and cleaned two bathrooms from top to bottom and my organizing spilled over into the rest of the weekend. I cleaned out closets, the kitchen pantry and the laundry room like never before. They look great and I am marking things off my to-do list left and right!!


I have the pack and play assembled and in its place, complete with a fully stocked changing station. The swing has also been assembled and is fully functioning. I don't have a picture, but I also have installed the carseat. Laugh if you want, but maybe if I have all of his things ready, he'll come sooner...or maybe he'll take longer. Either way, I'm as prepared as I can be for him!


I decided Friday night I needed new toss pillows for the living room couches. I've had my eye on these bad boys for a while now. They are the one's in front of the solid red. I was very eager to tell Mike about the great deal I got- Buy one, get one for 88 cents. He of course asked the question every man would think of...Well, how much was the first one? Dangit! He got me ;)

To the left you will see my kitchen pantry. It will never stay looking this good, but it felt great to reorganize. To the right, our linen closet. Two bags of crap went straight to Goodwill. What a sense of accomplishment!

To the left, a freshly organized towel closet. To the right, my side of our bedroom closet. I went ahead and pulled out my summer wardrobe and organized it since I know I won't have much time to fool with it when Owen arrives. I also bought a tupperware to store away my maternity clothes and already pulled out a bunch of the sweaters I won't be wearing anymore or the pants I simply can't fit get over my hips!


I know you all must think I am crazy for spending so much time cleaning out closets, etc., but then taking pictures of it all. Really, the pictures somewhat have a purpose. On Sunday afternoon, Mike took me to Best Buy and let me pick out a new camera since the one we have is four years old, and technologically speaking, that is ancient! It is a Sony 14 megapixel and has a lot of really neat features that will be great with the baby. I know we will be taking lots of pictures. I wanted to try out the new camera, but didn't know what to take pictures of, so I took some shots of my organized masterpieces. I also snapped a shot of my three boys! Hopefully my nesting slows down soon because I am running out of things to clean and organize!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment