Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Shame or no shame??

I'm going to just go ahead and throw myself under the bus and share this embarrassment with all who read my blog. Luckily, most of you who read this have been pregnant before and might just understand! 


Last Thursday, my day started off like any other. I packed my lunch, bagged up my Cheerios and headed out the door. I ate my Cheerios like every other morning on my drive to work, but couldn't stop thinking about a chocolate long john from Dunkin' Donuts. I had been thinking about this long john every morning last week, but didn't give in to the craving until Thursday. I proceeded to pull through the drive thru, ordered my donut AND a bagel and ate them both before I even made it to work-after polishing off my Cheerios. 


During my morning break, I ate a Dannon Light N Fit yogurt-as if healthiness mattered at this point ;) By lunch time I felt like I could eat the world and not be full, so I checked out what was being served in the cafe at work. One of the menu items from the grill was a bratwurst sandwich. YUM. I mean who doesn't crave bratwurst at work during the week? I decided to forego the PB&J I packed for a brat. I went to the cafe and ordered my brat with all the fixins'-and by fixins' I mean I put sauerkraut, chopped dill pickles and spicy mustard on the bun. Let me tell you-it was delicious! I was still hungry, so I went back to my desk and ate the PB&J I packed from home, a bag of sun chips and a granola bar (if you weren't judging me already, I know you are now)! A mere hour and a half after my lunch feast, I ate popcorn as an afternoon snack. WOW!


Thursday night is when Mike has graduate school, so I tend to stick with easy dinners. Last Thursday was no different. I popped a frozen Jack's cheese pizza in the oven and ate the ENTIRE thing. I also made homemade chocolate chip cookies to take to work on Friday and managed to eat a few of those as well. Seriously, how embarrassing is this?!?!?! Throughout my entire pregnancy I have indulged in ice cream and a few other random things that have sounded good, but never in my life have I eaten the way I ate Thursday. I felt a tad bit shameful of what I passed on to poor Owen, but luckily he didn't seem to mind. 


On Saturday night, when Mike asked what sounded good for dinner, I mentioned bratwurst...You know where this is going...Mike went to Marsh and bought bratwurst and sauerkraut and came home and recreated what I ate at work for lunch on Thursday. As proof, I took a picture. Who doesn't think this looks great?!



Now that I have laid out my horrible, embarrassing food judgment from Thursday, I'll let you all decide-shame or no shame?

No comments:

Post a Comment