Tuesday, April 27, 2010
37 Weeks...
So here I am in all my 37 week glory! Owen is technically considered "full term" and could be born at any moment a healthy boy. My official due date is still three weeks out and I cannot even fathom the thought of lasting three more weeks. We had our 37 week appointment this morning and I am still 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. I was definitely bummed to hear I hadn't made any progress since last week, but like the doctor reminded me things can always change very quickly. We'll see!
This week has been a bit rough for me. On Saturday a horrible pain started on the right side of my back anytime I put weight on my right side and it has been excruciating ever since. I am very well aware that I am not the first person to be pregnant and experience this discomfort, but seriously...I'm over it! Monday morning I had my first official meltdown of the pregnancy. When I went to make my breakfast, a block of knives fell out of the pantry when I was pulling out the toaster. Then as I reached into the refrigerator for the tub of butter for my english muffin, a stick of butter fell out and of course got all over my shirt. My back hurt too bad to walk upstairs and change, so I opted to wear the shirt to work anyway-after I launched the stick of butter across the kitchen and may or may not have dropped an F-bomb. When I got in my car, I started sobbing uncontrollably and called Mike to inform him I couldn't be pregnant anymore. He tried his best to calm me down, but my sobbing lasted the entire 30 minute drive to work. I managed to make it through the day and was thrilled when I got home from work to find Mike had come home early and had a wonderful dinner ready for me. Love him!
My official last day of work is Friday, May 14th and I couldn't be more relieved to have an end date in sight. I took the advice of one of my co-workers who suggested I take a little bit of time off each week from here until May 14th to do something for myself. I requested half days every Wednesday for the next three weeks and plan to do something for myself on each of these afternoons-tomorrow it will be a pedicure! Thanks for the advice Jenna- I feel better emotionally knowing I have something to look forward to each week!
The hospital bag is packed and we have marked almost all of the home improvement projects off the list. At this point, we are carrying on with our normal routines before life changes completely. We find ourselves talking about different things each day such as "We wonder what it will be like when..." Of course the scenarios revolve around Owen and we are going to find out soon enough. Can't wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment