Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter

It is hard to believe Easter has already come and gone for 2010. This year Mike and I spent the holiday with our own families. We made the decision a few weeks back that I would not be up for the 4 1/2 hour drive to Cleveland at 34 weeks pregnant and I didn't want to be too far from home just in case something were to happen. As a result, Mike headed to Ohio with Woody and Charley and I drove south to be with my family. Even though we were apart, both of us really enjoyed the long weekend.

 I headed home after work on Thursday and went to dinner on the river with my parents and my sister Erica. Since it was 80 degrees outside, we ate outside on the patio. What a beautiful evening!


On Friday mom and I did some shopping, stocking up on nursing necessities and a few gowns (Mike was a little concerned when I said I bought gowns-he was under the impression this was the same as a dress and wasn't about to let our son be put in a dress) for Owen. Mom bought me what I am now referring to as my "big girl pants." Let me explain...when I purchased my maternity wardrobe, I was definitely a few pounds lighter and not as thick in certain areas. The wardrobe also was comprised of winter clothing since a majority of my pregnancy has been through the winter. Now that I am approaching the end of the pregnancy, the skinny jeans I have pulled off for the past few months suddenly are a horrible idea; coupled with the fact that we had unseasonably warm weather this weekend, I have virtually zero clothing items to fit my lower half (yes, this also includes underwear). While we were at Target, we found an inexpensive pair of jean capris and bought them about a size too big. Once we checked out and got to the parking lot, I immediately began changing-in the car, in a busy parking lot, in the front seat-into my new big girl pants. Mom thought it was hilarious but offered to drive to the back of the lot where there would be more privacy! A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!  I got a taste of what it might be like to be pregnant during the heat of the summer-NO THANK YOU! We finished out the weekend by eating some good home cooked meals, relaxing and spending time with the family. It is hard to believe the next time I head back to Jeff, we will have Owen with us :)

Mike left for Ohio early Friday morning and was able to play golf on both Friday and Saturday with his dad, brother and grandpa while his mom spent time with Woody and Charley-from what I hear they got lots of attention and treats!


Mike's brother Tom and his wife Jessica stayed at his parents house as well with our niece Taylor who was the life of the party. She spends most of her time chasing Woody and Charley wherever they go. I was so bummed to not be able to spend some time with her, but we are hoping they will make a trip to see us once Owen is born!


Mike and I both got home around 5 o'clock on Sunday just in time for the first grass mowing of the season along with some other house work. We were able to pull out the patio furniture from storage and spend the evening out back catching up on each others weekends. We are hoping since this was our last trip "out of town" before the baby comes, that we will continue to have nice weather so we can enjoy the   patio before life as we know it is changed forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment