Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 26, 2010

Spring Flowers

One of the things on my "to do" list before Owen's arrival was to have all of my Spring flowers planted. I asked my mom at Easter if she would mind coming up to help me because she is great at that kind of thing. She agreed and the plan was for her to drive up last Friday morning. I went ahead and took a vacation day so I would be home all day and be able to spend time with her. I was super surprised and excited when I got a phone call from her on Thursday after work letting me know she was about 10 minutes away from my house and had come up Thursday night to surprise me! It worked out perfectly because Mike has grad school on Thursday nights, so we were able to pick out all of the flowers, indulge in Pizza King and watch Private Practice together. We got up early on Friday morning and did all of the planting before the rain started.  I am so grateful for all of mom's help and am not quite sure what I would do without her :) Here is a look at what we planted.


Front porch pots-red geraniums and purple and yellow accents that mom says will spread their way throughout the pot and really pull in color. 



I always plant red geraniums under the tree because they tend to really pop and look lovely!


The view from the road, which now that I look at it, really isn't a good one. It was raining Sunday when I took these pics. I'll have to post more once the sun is shining!


On the back patio there are two of these big pots filled with dragon wing begonias and some accent greenery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment