Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

32 weeks and counting...

Yes, ladies and gentleman, the countdown has begun...8 weeks until Owen is officially due, no more than 37 work days left to go, so on and so forth...I know what you are probably thinking-just enjoy the final few weeks because once he arrives it will never be the same. I can't say I disagree with this train of thought, however momma is ready! I feel like my thoughts on pregnancy have come in waves-up until around 19 weeks I didn't enjoy it at all because I was so nauseous. Weeks 19 through 30 were just wonderful because I started feeling movement, got great sleep and had lots of energy. Now I am just congested, growing rapidly, sleeping like crap and feeling like my body has been taken over and I have no control!

I am probably picking a bad day to share my 32 week update with you because I had one of "those" days today. One of those days where I caught a glimpse of my a** in the bathroom mirror at work and about passed out. I even contemplated going out over my lunch break to purchase a trench coat, but that would have required being seen in public in the horrible outfit I had chosen for the day! I know some of you out there know what I am talking about :) As I was cooking dinner tonight, I started singing "I like big butts and I cannot lie..." Mike assured me that I looked fine, but there just were not going to be enough words to change what I saw in that mirror! I did take a couple of belly pics to share this week, however, I opted to crop out my head...I told you...one of "those" days!


This shot is just for laughs. The past couple of weeks I have been rocking one of my pre-pregnancy camis to sleep in at night. Mike told me I could wear his t-shirts, but this actually works well for me since my body temp is always so elevated-less is more!


32 weeks! The doctor told me I will be going through another growth spurt around 33 weeks. YIKES! 

One other thing I must mention. There is only one t-shirt in my selection of t-shirts that has fit me over the past few weeks. The only issue is on the front it says Jeremiah Weed Vodka with a big picture of a vodka bottle. Because of the content on the shirt, I never quite have felt right wearing it in public, being a pregnant lady and all. I decided to wear it on our nightly walk with the dogs tonight and felt a noticeable breeze flowing through my shirt. It has happened. I have outgrown the Jeremiah Weed t-shirt. The bottom of my belly was exposed to all. I suppose I will retire it along with all the others!

On a serious note. As cynical as I know I am being in this post, I know it could always be worse. Everything I am experiencing is totally normal and I am very thankful to have a growing baby boy in my belly. All of the weight gain and other irritating things going on right now are for a good cause. I do know life as we know it is about to change dramatically, but we could not be anymore excited to become parents! By the way, the chocolate milkshake I just made and drank while typing up this post made me feel much better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment