Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Welcome Baby Ben

Our best friends Nick and Adrienne welcomed to the world a beautiful and perfectly healthy baby boy on Thursday, March 18th  around 11:00 at night after a very long day of labor that ended in a C- section. Benjamin Alan Vollmer weighed in at 9 lbs. 3 ounces and 21 1/2 inches long (hence the C-section). Mike and I were fortunate enough to be able to visit mom, dad and Ben in the hospital on Saturday and it was such an unbelievable experience. I, for one thing, could not get my emotions in check. I was crying from the moment I walked into the hospital. I really think it is because Adrienne and I have shared every little detail of our pregnancies and since she was only 9 weeks ahead of me, I realized it won't be long now until I am a mommy and will have a son of my own. It really made Mike and I both excited about what is sure to come in the next 8 weeks or so. Holding Ben really made me choke up...the poor child was probably thinking, "lady, what is wrong with you?" Nick made me feel better when he told me it was ok because "I was still pregnant!" Nonetheless, Ben is such a blessing and Nick and Adrienne are so lucky. I cannot wait for Owen to arrive so he can meet his soon to be partner in crime :)







No comments:

Post a Comment