Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Baby Shower #2

This weekend we made the trip to Ohio to visit Mike's family and for a baby shower in my honor. We are so fortunate to have such wonderful family and friends who were kind enough to offer to throw a shower for me back in Ohio. Mike's mom and her best friend Denise worked very hard to put together a special day and everything was just wonderful! The shower was at an Italian restaurant (they know what momma likes) called Bucci's, and the food was delicious. Since I am pregnant, it probably comes as no surprise that I am mentioning the food first :) We had the choice between pasta primavera, a french dip or a chicken dish. All entrees were served with a salad and bread. I chose the pasta and almost ate every last bite! For dessert we had adorable cupcakes decorated to resemble a baby sleeping.

Our original guest list was fairly large-around 20 or so, but managed to dwindle down to eight, including myself. There were a lot of unexpected situations that came up keeping some of the people from attending. We really missed all of those who weren't able to make it, but it was relaxing to have such an intimate gathering.

I got a ton of great things for Owen! It would be too difficult to pick out a favorite, but some of the things I am pretty pumped about include: pack and play and sheets, mattress pads (who knew one could get so excited about a mattress pad?! Probably someone with a hint of OCD like me who had all the crib bedding items EXCEPT the mattress pad!), diaper bag, infant carrier, sheets, gift cards, a few adorable outfits and a hand knitted blanket especially by one of the ladies attending the shower! The hosts of the party put together a huge basket filled with things to pamper the mom to be which was such a great idea. I know I will be using the aromatherapy items like its my job. They also put together really cute favors for all the attendees which each included a candle, hand serum and body wash. I think they were a definite hit. I realized after I got home that I did a horrible job taking pictures at the shower-if anyone has any good ones to e-mail me, I would appreciate it! Here are a few snapshots capturing some of the shower! Thanks again Denise and Rene for all your thoughtfulness and hard work. It really meant a lot.


The hosts: Denise and Rene (Mike's mom)


A copy of the menu


A close look at the cupcakes. The one with the blue dot by the mouth is a pacifier!


Me and my friend Krystal who I met when I worked with Nestle in Dallas. She lives in Cleveland now, so it was convenient for her to make it to the shower :)


My niece Taylor was hamming it up for the camera any chance she got! Too cute :)

No comments:

Post a Comment