Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Baby Shower #3

This past weekend I had my third and final baby shower. It was given to me by my mom and my two aunts, Lisa and Dana. Everything was at my parents house and was absolutely amazing! I could not have asked for a better shower and consider myself so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family who took the time to attend, especially those from out of town.


Aunt Lisa, Mom, me and Aunt Dana


Sisters :)


How beautiful is this setup?! The food was amazing. The menu included: Honeybaked ham and chicken salad sandwiches, potato salad, 7 layer bean dip, salsa, buffalo chicken dip, veggie tray, cheeseball, fresh fruit, chocolate covered strawberries and cake!


I loved my cake. It was almond flavor which was the same as our wedding cake. Yum! Mom also ordered a dozen chocolate cupcakes decorated with the blue polka dots to match the cake. So delicious, and not much left over!


We set up chairs in the great room for everyone and also had seating in the kitchen and hearth room. Thank goodness we had the space we did!


 My friend who I used to work with in Indy at American Funds and now lives in Louisville was able to join us. Ashley is also the friend who has lent me several items from her maternity wardrobe. What a lifesaver! So glad you could make it Ashley!


Three of my best friends from college-Danielle, Katie (my college roommate who is also prego) and Amber- made the trip from Cincinnati and Lexington. You girls have no idea how much it meant that you came! 


Friends Lindsey (red shirt-has a 5 week old little boy, Mitchell) and Sara (standing w/ blonde hair-just found out she is pregnant) and their moms came. My friend Meghan and her mom also came (not pictured). So cool to have them there. I think back to high school and can't believe how far we've come! Very fun to catch up with you all :)


This is the most unbelievable diaper cake I have EVER seen. Mom, Lisa and Dana worked to put together this masterpiece which is a storybook theme in case you couldn't tell! It was made with over 50 books, diapers, rattles, nail clippers, hair brushes, teethers, trains, stuffed animals, etc. I loved it so much that I had a hard time taking it apart to bring home. I took lots of pictures and told my mom I am going to enter her in to some sort of diaper cake contest, if there is such a thing!


Let's just say Owen is set. He has all the necessities and more clothes than he will ever be able to wear! Mike and I couldn't be more thankful!


My cousin Sarah, who is a podiatry resident in Chicago, had been telling me for a while that she was on call last weekend and would not be able to make the shower. I totally understood and didn't think twice about it. As people started showing up for the shower, I greeted them at the door and then in walked Sarah! She caught a plane Sunday morning in Chicago just to come to my shower! Being the emotional pregnant woman I am, I immediately began crying like a baby! Apparently this whole thing was planned and I was the only one who wasn't in on the little secret. It was such a wonderful surprise and it meant so much to have her there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment